Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Quote for the Day:

"Grown-ups love figures. When you tell them that you have made a new friend, they never ask you any questions about essentail matters.

They never say to you, “What does his voice sound like? What games does he love best? Does he collect butterflies?”

Instead, they demand: “How old is he? How many brothers has he? How much does he weigh? How much money does his father make?” Only from these figures do they think they have learned anything about him." - The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Yours Truly,

6 comments:

Jyoti Mishra said...

This is so right !!

ReadWriteSnap said...

nyahahah...so true. so, the alternative is - how's life bumming around Toni? heheh I envy your bumming u know, although I have to say, I'm bumming too kasi nga walang trabaho pero we can still get something out of bumming, right? we're still doing something...

SGRMSE. said...

unfortunately true. it's sad how adults tend to measure everything in numbers and think they ought to be able to put value on all they can.

i would ask what his voice sounds like. what game he likes best. if he collects butterflies. what his favourite colour is and if he likes when it rains. (:

Toni Rose said...

I would ask, "what school did he go to?" "does he have a girlfriend?" "does he go to the gym?" "what food does he like" ...

lol =)

The Holly Tree said...

Heya Toni. :) Well, I mounted the camera on the dash so I would still be able to have both hands on the wheel. So, it wasn't bad, exactly... *big grin* :D

As for your post, well, I guess it's true of most people. We tend to think we know someone if we know the numbers about them - which is kind of sad, really, because numbers don't make a human being.

Have a great night/day! :)

SGRMSE. said...

are you KIDDING me?! comments are always, always, always welcomed ;D thanks so much, really ♥